All Saarahjasmin dresses are made to measure.
Every dress needs different measurements to be created, depending on every specific design. After the order is confirmed, we will be in touch to assist you on how to collect the necessary measurements accurately. Below are the measurements we usually ask for:
- Bust/ Waist/ Hips
- Shoulder to bust point
- Distance between bust points
- Shoulder width & Back width
- Shoulder to waist on the front and the back
- Waist to floor (with high heels)
- Armhole girth
- Measurements should be taken in centimeters.
- If you want to wear supporting underwear garment with the dress on your wedding day, you might need to measure your body while wearing them (such as butt padding, padded panties, shapewear, bra, adhesive padding). The same with high heels or other shoes.
- You probably can take some of the measurements by yourself, but to get the rest you will need assistance. Ask a relative to help or invite a friend.
- To get the perfect fit and avoid additional alteration, we might need:
* Full-body photos of you standing comfortably straight that are taken from the front, back, and side. The pictures are able to show your body figure at least from neck to toe.
** Photos of the 3 most important measurements Bust/ Waist/ Hips with the result on the tape and on your body.
Pass the measuring tape around your back and up to the front, at the the level of the fullest part of your bust
Pass the measuring tape around your back and up to the front, at the the level of your armpits. Don't make it too tight, you should be able to fit a finger between the tape and your body. Don't hold your breath and pump up your chest, simply relax and breathe normally.
This is the lower bust circumference. Pass the measuring tape around your back and up to the front, at the level just below your breasts.
Pass the measuring tape around the smallest part of your natural waist. Don't make it too tight, you should be able to fit a finger between the tape and your waist. Don't breath in and pull in your stomach.
Pass the measuring tape around the widest part of your hips and the fullest part of your buttocks. Don't make it too tight, you should be able to fit a finger between the tape and your hip.
Measure the horizontal distance between your shoulder bones. You should keep the tape fattened on your skin and stand in a normal standing position.
Measure the distance between the back tops of your armpits.
shoulder to waist (Front)
Measured the vertical distance from the top of your shoulder to waist. Make sure the tape passes over the fullest point of your bust. Keep the tape in a straight vertical line.
shoulder to waist (back)
Measured from the highest point of the shoulder at the base of the neck to the waist, parallel to the spine.
Waist to floor
It is recommended to take measurements wearing your wedding shoes/heels. Measured vertically on the side seam from the waist to the floor.
Pass the measuring tape around your armpit and measuring the circumference of your shoulder (or where the strap is). Keep the tape in a straight vertical line around your armpit. Don't make it too tight, so you can move your arm when you wear the dress.
Relax your arm and let it hang at your side. Your bicep should be slightly tensed. Pass the measuring tape around the thickest/ biggest part of your upper arm. Don't make it too tight, you should be able to fit a finger between the tape and your body.
full Arm length
Measure from the top of your shoulder (or where the strap is), down to the point where you want your sleeve to end (if your dress has sleeves). Your arm should be a little out from your body, not stuck right against your side.
Depending on the style of sleeve you have chosen, pass the measuring tape around your arm or wrist where the sleeve should end and measure that circumference. Don't make it too tight, you should be able to fit a finger between the tape and your arm.